Tuesday, December 19, 2006

And the Truth Shall....

Telling the truth is a funny phenomenon. People say they want to know the truth; but honestly, deep down inside, I don't think a lot of people do. The truth can hurt; it can shatter false hopes and daydreams in a matter of seconds. These can be false hopes that have sustained a person for minutes, weeks, and sometimes years.

Particularly hurtful can be hearing the truth from those closest to us. In my personal experience, hell yeah, it hurts alot, but I have more respect for my friends or family because they had the courage to tell me the truth, first of all, but that they also showed me the respect to tell me the truth. More often than not, they tell me because they want to make me a better person, and for that, I am thankful and respectful to my friends.

Witholding the truth hurts mor than anything else, especially when it is uncovered. We don't mean to hurt the ones we love, but that is part of the human experience. The Truth hurts, but it is necessary.

it shall set you free- in the words of Martin Luther King, Jr.