Thursday, December 21, 2006

Just Another Night in Austin

So I got to hang out with Jenn for the first time in forever! I saw her for all of 5 minutes as I was leaving the A&M/t.u. game during Thanksgiving...and that was just a chance happening! We had so much to catch up on, and afterwards, I kept thinking of the poem by Sandra Cisneros called "Loose Women." We are two crazy chicas....hee hee. Enjoy!


They say I’m a beast.

And feast on it. When all along

I thought that’s what a woman was.

They say I’m a bitch.

Or a witch. I’ve claimed

The same and never winced.

They say I’m a macha, hell on wheels,

viva-la-vulva, fire and brimstone,

man-hating, devastating,

boogey-woman lesbian.

Not necessarily, but I like the compliment.

The mob arrives with sticks and stones

To maim and lame and do me in.

All the same, when I open my mouth

They wobble like gin.

By all accounts I’m a danger to society.

I’m Pancha Villa.

I strike terror among the men.

I can’t be bothered what they think.

!Que se vayan a la ching chang chong!

For this, the cross, the calvalry.

In other words, I’m anarchy.

I’m an aim-well,

shoot-sharp,

sharp-tongued,

sharp-thinking,

fast speaking,

foot-loose,

loose-tongued,

let-loose,

woman-on-the-loose

loose woman.

Beware, honey.

No comments: